I. Categories Of Personal Information And/Or Sensitive Personal Information We Collect
When a person applies to join our team or over the course of a person’s employment, we may collect the following categories of personal information and/or sensitive personal information. We collect and use this information only as permitted or required by, and in compliance with, applicable law.
Contact and Demographic Information, including legal name, alias and other names, personal and business email address, telephone or mobile phone number, home and/or mailing address, marital or domestic partner status, date of birth, age, gender, classifications protected under state or federal Equal Employment Opportunity laws (such as race or national origin), Social Security Number, driver’s license number or state ID card number, passport number, emergency contact information, and other unique personal identifiers.
● Beneficiary Information, including names and other identifying information for those who receive benefits from us, or may relocate with you, as a result of your employment.
● Sign-In, Device, and Account Information, including username and password, account name or number, Company user account information in connection with travel credits, and other online or device identifiers, mobile device management tracking, internet or other electronic network activity information such as browsing and search history and information regarding interactions with websites and applications, our systems, and networks.
● Educational, Professional, and Employment-Related Information, including employment and education history, professional licenses, references, information that referrers provide us about you, education transcripts, medical condition or information, including in relation to requests for accommodation or a leave of absence, information concerning the reasons for time off (e.g. vacation or sick time), benefits information, including health insurance information and policy number, information pertaining to your work product and performance, training, and business travel.
● Geolocation data, including badge access data and network location.
● Biometric Information, including videos or photographs that may be captured through facility operations, including facility security footage and online meetings.
● Financial Information, including bank name and bank account number for purposes of direct deposit, and billing address.
● Immigration Status, and other information that would allow us to verify your work authorization status and employment eligibility, and information to support your spouse and family member immigration petitions if applicable and necessary.
● Background screening information, such as employment and educational verifications, credit reports, or criminal background checks.
● Information to Assess Public Health Safety, obtained directly from the individual, that identifies, relates to, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual, including medical data and physiological data.
II. Purposes For Which Personal Information Is Collected And/Or UsedWe process your personal information for the following business purposes:
● Determining your eligibility for a position with the company, including processing your application, assessing your fit with us or for a specific role, conducting interviews, carrying out background and reference checks in accordance with law, and keeping records related to our hiring process;
● Managing compensation, benefits, and employment-related expenses, including payroll processing, managing salaries and expenses, managing corporate credit cards and expense reimbursements, as well as administering equity, compensation, bonus, travel credits awarded to your Company user account, and insurance programs, for you and your beneficiaries or dependents as applicable;
● Managing professional development, performance, and conduct, including responding to complaints of misconduct, managing conflicts of interest, conducting performance appraisals, supporting career development, and managing whistleblower programs;
● Protecting the company’s data and device security, and against illegal activity, and other misconduct, including by managing data and device security and integrity, detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and taking appropriate action concerning those responsible for that activity;
● Undertaking activities to verify and maintain the quality, safety, and performance of our products and services, including product and service testing, research, and development;
● Fulfilling other operational purposes, including relocation in connection with employment, or related to mergers and acquisitions, and any other changes to corporate structure;
● Complying with our legal obligations, including those related to tax, immigration, and anti discrimination laws; and
● Managing potential public safety risks, including in relation to COVID-19, to our employees and others who come onsite, and the population generally. We may also process or disclose the personal information where required by law, regulation, court order, or administrative order to do so.
III. Disclosures to Third Parties
Checkr has affiliates where certain services are provided centralized by one or more affiliates for the entire group or a part of it. We, therefore, reserve the right to share personal information with our direct and indirect affiliates for all purposes described above. Whenever we share personal information with affiliates, we request from them that they commit themselves to process personal information in line with this Notice only.
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for any business purpose specified in this Notice. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. These third parties are “Service Providers” as defined by applicable law. We do not share personal information with any third parties, who are not Service Providers, where Company may receive a financial benefit from such sharing.
We may also disclose your personal information to another company as part of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets to that company; where required to maintain the security and integrity of our networks and systems; where required to investigate suspected or actual illegal activity; where required to prevent physical harm or fraud; or where required by Company policy, law, or in response to valid legal process compelling disclosure. We do not sell or otherwise share your personal information.
Company will retain the information described in this notice only for so long as is reasonably necessary to effectuate the purpose(s) for which the information is collected.
V. Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Company reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Notice, we will post the updated Notice and update the Notice’s effective date.