SMB Hiring and Fair Chance Report
A 2022 report examining small and medium-sized businesses’ hiring practices and perceptions around fair chance hiring and DEI.
Thank you for your submission.
Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) are the lifeblood of the U.S. economy. However, the pandemic debilitated SMBs. In the first three months of the COVID-19 crisis, more than 400,000 small businesses closed their doors for good. As the economy recovers, SMBs must understand how evolving employee demands and workforce dynamics create new challenges for hiring, retention, and business success.
How are SMBs responding to the labor shortage? What investments will they make to build back the workforce? Are SMBs prioritizing DEI? And are they missing out on a wide pool of qualified candidates? Download the report to find out.
In this report, you’ll learn:
- Where SMBs are making investments in 2022
- Strategies SMBs are deploying to create a diverse workforce
- Executive perspectives on hiring system-impacted individuals
- The top characteristics SMBs look for in a candidate
- How to incorporate fair chance hiring at your SMB
- SMBs are struggling to hire workers and fair chance hiring can help
- While SMB leaders want to build diverse workforces, a mindset shift is required to make this a reality
- SMBs are planning to make investments in HR technology and DEI initiatives to build back their teams