Some authorization reasons:
- Purchase authorization: When you place an order for 10 or more reports in a given month, we may contact your bank for a purchase authorization. These authorizations are equivalent to the cost of the reports completed and are primarily to validate funds. Once validated, we release the authorization promptly.
- $1 authorizations: We do this every time a card is added to your account to confirm it has a valid number and hasn't been reported lost or stolen. This type of authorization may appear when:
- You sign up for a new Checkr account
- You add a new credit card to the account
- All authorizations from Checkr are instantly released and may show up on your statement according to your card issuer's policy.
- Contact your bank for further assistance with authorization timelines.