Checkr ranks above average in customer satisfaction. Learn the top 6 reasons customers love our platform.
A Net Promoter Score (NPS) can be a valuable tool for gathering customer feedback to benchmark and improve your company’s performance. Known as the gold standard of customer experience metrics, NPS is used by companies like Apple, JetBlue, and GE.
An NPS score is based on one simple survey question: “How likely are you to recommend our company to a friend or colleague?” Customers respond on a scale of 0 (not at all likely) to 10 (extremely likely). Based on these numerical responses, they are categorized as follows:
- 9-10: Promoters, loyal customers who avidly recommend your business to others
- 7-8: Passives, who are happy with your service but might easily be convinced to switch to a competitor
- 6-0: Detractors, indifferent or dissatisfied customers who could hurt your reputation with negative word-of-mouth
To find your NPS, subtract the percentage of respondents who are Detractors from the percentage who are Promoters. For instance, if 20% of your respondents are Detractors and 50% are Promoters, your NPS is 30 (50-20).
In theory, your NPS could reach 100 if all your respondents are Promoters. In reality, NPS scores are usually much lower. The average retail industry NPS was 28.4 in 2022, for example.
Checkr’s customer satisfaction scores
The NPS is just one method Checkr uses to evaluate our customers’ satisfaction. Checkr’s NPS is 48, based on an annual customer survey with 3,906 responses. The B2B technology industry average is 41, putting us well above average.
In addition to surveying Checkr users (our customers – organizations and employers), we also ask job candidates who use Checkr to rate their satisfaction with our platform. Our candidate experience score is also well above the industry average with candidates rating Checkr as “exceptional.”
Finally, we monitor user satisfaction through other channels, such as third-party review sites Capterra and G2. These sites gather detailed reviews from verified users, providing valuable insight into what HR professionals like about our platform and their suggestions for improvement. In fact, Checkr achieved G2 “Leader” status for the third year in a row, with user satisfaction ranking above our competitors in 10 key areas.
Checkr uses customer satisfaction data to guide our product development and customer support investments. Recent product updates we’ve made based on customer input include:
- Editable screening packages that let you easily add to your existing packages
- Transparent pricing that provides real-time cost updates as you build your screening packages, and clear information about passthrough fees
- Professional license verification screenings to verify candidates licenses and credentials for regulated or specialized roles in the US
- A Fair Chance Dashboard that helps you implement fair chance hiring and benchmark your practices against those of other companies
- Further investment in our partnership and integration networks to reduce friction in the candidate experience
We’ve got plenty of feedback-inspired updates set for 2023, including new integrations, enhancements to our global market offerings, and consumer-permissioned employment verifications.
What customers love most about Checkr
We’re proud that 9 out of 10 users say Checkr is as good as or better than other vendors they’ve used. What benefits can you expect when using Checkr for background screenings? Take it from our customers: Here are the top 6 reasons customers in our recent NPS survey like Checkr.
- Ease of use: Pre-bundled background check packages make getting started simple, while our easy-to-use dashboard and design enables efficient review. Checkr makes background checks easy for candidates, too, with a mobile-optimized, user-friendly candidate portal guiding them through the process.
- Turnaround times: Screen candidates faster using Checkr’s proprietary machine learning technology to sort, classify, and filter data in a fraction of the time of manual background check systems. We even provide you and your candidates with an estimated completion for each screening at the county level.
- Integrations: Pre-built integrations with popular ATS, HRIS, and onboarding systems including Greenhouse, JazzHR, Planning Center, and Gusto streamline your hiring workflow and eliminate manual tasks. Our surveys show customers who use integrations are even happier than those who don’t.
- Pricing: Checkr offers affordable pricing for businesses of all sizes. We also provide price transparency so you always know how much your screenings will cost—including add-on checks and passthrough fees, so there are no surprises.
- Customer Support: Checkr’s FCRA-trained support team provides expert assistance via email and live chat. We also provide live customer support for your candidates, freeing up your time to focus on hiring.
- Accuracy: Get reliable results you can trust with Checkr’s advanced technology and real-time data network, which searches millions of records. Our built-in compliance tools help you focus on records that are relevant to your hiring decision, reducing risk, bias, and human error.
Dedicated to customer-centricity
When customers are choosing a background check provider, their top three priorities are speed, accuracy, and ease of use—all areas where Checkr ranks high for customer satisfaction. Our commitment to building a fairer future for candidates with criminal justice involvement is another area where we align with our customer goals: 33% of customers say they’re interested in using Checkr to assist with fair chance hiring.
No matter the size of your organization, Checkr makes it easy to scale your hiring. Our easy-to-use dashboard makes your hiring process more efficient, while our modern technology reduces bias and human error to expand your talent pool. Get started with Checkr.
Nothing in Checkr’s Blog should be construed as legal advice, guidance, or counsel. Companies should consult their own legal counsel about their compliance responsibilities under the FCRA and applicable state and local laws. Checkr expressly disclaims any warranties or responsibility or damages associated with or arising out of information provided.